How do you make a living as a writer?
In this self-paced course you'll be guided through the world of finance as a writer. Led by Sam Ruddock, you'll learn about the ins and outs of budget making, bid writing, and the publishing industry. You'll interrogate the business side of your creative life through a series of exercises to get you re-evaluating your goals and focussing on your finances.
In this course you will:
- Learn about the different challenges of self-publishing vs traditional publishing
- Calculate how much you can charge for your work.
- Design a realistic budget to help you manage finances throughout the life-cycle of a project.
- Learn the definition of Ikigai and how you can apply this ethos to your planning.
- Explore the current funding climate and the grant options open to you as a writer.